Gofundme Account for Christy Brom

Dear Fellow Wargamer,

The link below will enable you to donate to an account on Gofundme.com for Christy Brom.  This is to help financially after the sudden death of her sister Lori Brom.  Christy's parents Larry and Sarah Brom died some time ago.  Jay Stribling, a fellow wargamer, is the manager of the account and will receive no funds as part of this.

Gofundme takes 2.9% of each donation as "their cut".  The other 97.1% will be given to Christy Brom.

NOTICE:  Please note that donors need to be careful at checkout on the Gofundme page.  Gofundme has an "optional" tip amount already set of 15% that will be charged it the donor does not cancel or adjust this amount.  This does not come out of the donated amount but is an extra percentage - which is kept by Gofundme.

Thank you so much for your support.

Game - Sat. Jan. 21, 2023

SATURDAY January 21, 2023, at 10:00 am

Location:   Jay Stribling's house           MAP

Scale:  40mm

Title:  Action near Schloss Silberstein

Setting:  Somewhere in western Germany during the 1760s between two "Seven Years War"-ish armies.

Rules:  Modified Commands and Colors Tricorne

Notes:  Each side will get to choose their force mix from a pool of units.

Gamemaster:  Jay Stribling

Extra Game Sat. Jan. 14, 2023

SATURDAY - January 14, 2023 at 10:00 am

Location:  Little Strawberry House, Madison, MS   MAP  (You can ignore the reserved parking signs as they are only for weekdays.)

Scale:  28mm

Title:  Battle of Tudela, Spain, sometime in November 1808.

Setting:  A quasi-fictional battle between the invading French and their Polish allies under Marshall Lannes against the defending Spanish under General Castaños.

Rules:  Carnage and Glory - Napoleonic

Notes:  This is our annual “MLK Weekend” game. 

Food will be provided by the Jackson Gamers, featuring homemade “white” chili.  Please let Jim know by Thursday if you are coming so we can have enough provender.

Gamemaster:  Tim Chadwick

Game Saturday January 7, 2023

SATURDAY Jan. 7, 2023

Location:  Jay Striblilng's house.  MAP

Scale:  15mm

Title: Attacking the Center!

Setting: Chickamauga creek northern Georgia

Rules: Brigade Fire & Fury - only slightly modified

Notes: A scenario based upon the first day of battle with Gen. Bragg’s Army of the Tennessee attacking MG William Rosecrans’ Army of the Cumberland at Chickamauga Creek. Can the Confederates crack the center of the Union line?

Gamemaster: Ed Sansing

Game on Saturday, Dec. 17, 2022

SATURDAY Dec. 17, 2022

Location:  Jay Striblilng's house.  MAP

Scale:  1:6,000 naval

Title: A Clash of Titans

Setting:  Somewhere in the North Sea during the Great War

Rules:  Avalon Hill's "Jutland" modified to play with model ships.

Notes:  We'll be using the classic ruleset with Jay's 1:6000 scale ships glued to the game counters.

Gamemaster:  Jay Stribling

Hope to see you there!